That’s right, I finished it. I did NaBloPoMo for the whole month of November. What is is basically is you choose a month and make one post per day each day that month. It was great. I will do it again, and there are several reasons why I am grateful for the experience.
- Discipline. If you say you are going to do something, but then you do not.. you look like you can’t keep your word.
- Discipline. You force yourself to find things to write about, or revamp old writing.
- Spur of the moment, on the fly, improvisational writing.
- Writing plateau’s. When you write every day, you hit plateaus where you see marked improvements in yourself. This post is an example. It’s one of my nicer posts for the month but it only took me a little over as half hour to finish. It was one draft, a spell check, and that’s pretty much it. Not long after that was this one. Really quickly, I think I relayed some cognizant points
- Because writer’s write.
- Networking and promoting. I made a decision in October that it was time for me to stop pretending, and write professionally. I am now getting paid to edit and write some things, and I am having a graphic novel illustrated and published. My stuff is going to be available electronically and also printed. I have read many books where my talent at least matches the author. Why shouldn’t I?
I will not be doing December, or probably even January.. but it will definitely happen again.